- Sleep in comfort with an oral appliance for treatment
- Get the rest you've been missing
- Lower your risk of serious health concerns
Loud snoring is one of the most obvious signs of sleep apnea in Overland Park, KS. It can disrupt your sleep – and the sleep of others in your household. This lack of rest causes problems like irritability and daytime fatigue. While these issues are annoying, the silent impact apnea has on your health is potentially dangerous. Medical research has linked this sleep disorder to serious problems such as hypertension, diabetes, and heart disease.
Our sleep apnea treatment will:
- Help you – and everyone else nearby – get a good night’s rest
- Make it easier for you to focus and concentrate during the day
- Lower your risk of associated health problems
- Keep you more comfortable than some other types of sleep apnea treatment
If your snoring wakes you during the night or disturbs the sleep of others, call 913-251-9449. Other sleep apnea symptoms include excessive fatigue during the day, frequent headaches, and waking with a sore throat.
A Snore Appliance Can Help You Sleep Soundly
One common type of sleep apnea treatment is a CPAP (continuous positive airway pressure) machine. It uses a stream of pressurized air to keep your airway open while you sleep. If you’re looking for a CPAP alternative, we can make a custom snore appliance for you. Instead of pressurized air, it keeps your airway clear by gently moving your jaw forward.
Compared to a CPAP, many people find an appliance:
- More Comfortable – Some people find it hard to tolerate CPAP’s forced air. The air can also dry out your nose and throat.
- Less Restrictive – With no mask over your face or tubing, it’s easier to move around in your sleep with an appliance. You also won’t be bothered by noise from a machine.
- More Convenient – You can use an appliance anywhere since no electricity or battery is needed. It’s also much easier to transport since it fits in a pocket or purse.
- More Cost Effective – An appliance costs less than a CPAP.
If you think you might have sleep apnea in Overland Park, KS, call Blue Valley Smiles at 913-251-9449.