- Prevent annoying dental concerns like dry mouth and bad breath
- Improve your overall health with better oral health
- Avoid tooth decay and gum infection
Your Smile Will Stay Healthy With General Dentistry in Overland Park, KS
General dentistry in Overland Park, KS is one of the most important reasons you visit our office. Services like regular exams and cleanings help ensure your smile is healthy.Doctor Meagan Rondeau on general dentistry Read Transcript
General dentistry, you know, is just kind of taking care of some of the things that typically happen with any patient. So just getting a standard cavity filled or a crown put on, you know. Cavities are something that happen, and luckily we have an easy way to fix those things and help you get those teeth fixed up without a lot of pain or discomfort. But general dentistry is kind of the bread and butter of dentistry.
Our general dental care will:
- Keep your teeth and gums healthy
- Improve your overall health, since your dental health affects the rest of your body too
- Allow us to identify problems in the earliest stages, when they are easy to treat
- Help you eliminate unpleasant conditions like dry mouth
To schedule an appointment for general dental services, call 913-347-6682.
We Take the Time to Get to Know YouDoctor Todd O'Neil on general dentistry Read Transcript
So much of dentistry now goes beyond your smile, it goes beyond just your teeth or your gums. We now know that the number one source of bacteria into our bloodstream is through our mouth. Everybody from cardiologists to pulmonary doctors will tell you one of the most important things you can do for your body's health is to take care of your oral health. Make sure your gums are healthy, make sure your teeth are healthy, and that's something that every time you come into our office, we're making certain that your entire oral health is in great shape and where you need to be – not just for your mouth, but for your whole body.
If you’re a new patient, you can expect to spend about an hour and a half at your first appointment. During that time we will:
- Take photos and X-rays of your mouth
- Discuss your pain points
- Give you a thorough dental cleaning
- Create a treatment plan for any issues that need to be addressed
No need to worry about a wait! We pride ourselves on seeing our patients right on time for their appointments.
We Address Your Problems With General Dental Services
Our general dental services include preventive treatments like applications of fluoride. Other services include:
- Dental Cleanings and Exams – It’s hard to overstate the importance of regular exams and cleanings. They are the cornerstone of good dental health.
- Dental Sealants – Applying sealants to teeth helps prevent decay, especially in tough-to-clean spots like back teeth.
- Nutritional Counseling – We can make dietary suggestions that will improve your oral health and your overall health too.
- Dry Mouth & Halitosis Treatments – Dr. O’Neil or Dr. Rondeau will identify the root causes of these issues and can provide products to relieve the uncomfortable symptoms.
- Gum Disease Treatment – We eliminate gum disease with a deep cleaning treatment called scaling and root planing.
- Custom Mouthguards – Wearing a mouthguard will protect your teeth from damage during sports and other activities. We can also make nightguards that will stop you from grinding your teeth (bruxism).
For general dentistry in Overland Park, KS, call Blue Valley Smiles at 913-347-6682.