- Call to schedule a same-day emergency appointment
- Get after-hours help from our on-call doctor
- Be out of pain quickly with three options for sedation
Nobody likes dental emergencies in Overland Park, KS – or anywhere else, for that matter. With our team’s commitment to see you ASAP in an emergency, they don’t have to be a disaster. We’ll do our best to get you a same-day appointment. Plus, we always have a doctor on call to receive messages regarding emergencies outside our regular business hours. They will call you back quickly to advise you on what to do.Doctor Meagan Rondeau on dental emergencies Read Transcript
For dental emergencies, we always wanna be available to our patients because we know things don't always happen Monday through Friday. If you need to get in touch with us, you call our same office number, and there's a way to get in touch with us that way to leave the doctor a message, and one of us will get back to you and see what we need to do for you outside the office hours, for sure.
In addition to an on-call doctor, our emergency dental care includes:
- Restorative dentistry procedures for repairing almost any kind of damage, from an infected tooth to a broken one
- A fast, pain-free method of administering local anesthesia
- Three kinds of safe dental sedation to soothe your nerves
- Comforts like blankets and pillows to keep you relaxed, even in an emergency
Don’t hesitate to call us at 913-338-3443 for urgent dental care. You’ll find our office at 6300 W. 143rd Street, #110. We’re just one block east of 143rd and Metcalf, at the east end of the Freedom Bank parking lot, and a short drive from the Nicklaus Golf Club at LionsGate.
Repair Dental Damage With Restorative Dentistry
Whether you broke a tooth or you have a toothache, Dr. O’Neil andDr. Rondeau can relieve your pain and repair your teeth. They may use:
- Tooth Fillings – If a cavity is causing trouble, we’ll repair it with a filling. Unlike metal fillings, our composite restorations look natural with your smile. Composite fillings also require less removal of healthy tooth structure.
- Dental Crowns – A crown can help us save a broken or cracked tooth and can be used to repair a severely decayed tooth.
- Inlays or Onlays – These restorations are often the right fix for cavities that are too big for fillings but not big enough for crowns. They cover the top surface and/or sides of your tooth.
- Root Canals – Infection in the center of your tooth is often painful and can cause you to lose the tooth. A root canal procedure removes the infection and keeps the tooth intact.
If teeth are too damaged to be saved, we can provide comfortable tooth removal as well as lots of options for replacing teeth. Get speedy assistance for your dental emergencies in Overland Park, KS. Call Blue Valley Smiles at 913-338-3443.
What is a dental emergency?
Consistently caring for your teeth with checkups, cleanings, and daily at-home care will go a long way toward optimal oral health. But sometimes, you may still experience the unexpected, leaving you in a dental emergency. A dental emergency is a sudden oral health situation that requires immediate attention. Some common situations where emergency dental care is needed include:
What to do if I have a dental emergency on the weekend?
Facing an emergency dental situation on the weekend doesn’t have to be stressful. Instead of waiting, it’s best to take action and reach out to an emergency dentist near you for advice. An emergency dentist will let you know if you can manage the emergency dental situation by keeping the area clean and contained until your emergency dental visit or if you should seek urgent care to prevent further complications. Remember, our emergency dentist in Overland Park, KS, is on-call to help you after hours!
Where do I go for a dental emergency?
Searching for an emergency dentist near me can bring up many results. When you’re dealing with a dental emergency, it’s best to visit an emergency dentist who has the experience and services you need. We encourage you to use your best judgment and reach out to an emergency dentist before urgent care. Our emergency dentist in Overland Park, KS, offers same-day appointments, sedation options, and an array of treatment options.
What should I do in a dental emergency?
In a dental emergency, prioritize contacting an emergency dentist near you. Once you have contacted an emergency dentist, it’s best to follow their professional advice and manage pain with over-the-counter pain relievers, rinse your mouth with warm water, and prevent further damage.