- Relax with three dental sedation options
- Be pain-free with perfectly controlled local anesthesia placement
- Prepare your mouth for dental implants
Solve Dental Problems With Oral Surgery in Overland Park, KS
If you need oral surgery in Overland Park, KS, Blue Valley Smiles is a great place for you to get it. Both Dr. O’Neil and Dr. Rondeau have performed countless oral surgery procedures, and Dr. Rondeau received specialized training in dental implant placement, bone augmentation, and difficult tooth extractions during her general practice residency at Georgia Regents University.Doctor Meagan Rondeau on oral surgery Read Transcript
There are some oral surgery procedures that patients need from time to time to restore oral health. Sometimes that means a wiggling out a tooth that just isn't savable anymore, and oftentimes get that patient out of pain and puts us a step closer to restoring their oral health. There are other procedures that we need to do sometimes, like a bone graft, to help heal areas so that we can restore teeth into a normal chewing and aesthetic function. Definitely oral surgery is something that's needed sometimes to ultimately get to the end goal.
In addition to experienced dentists, you’ll find:
- Three kinds of dental sedation
- A caring team committed to keeping you comfortable throughout your treatment
- Completely private operatories
- A computer-controlled system for delivering anesthesia that keeps the process efficient and pain-free
- Same-day care for emergency situations
For an appointment with an oral surgery dentist, call 913-338-3443.
Oral Surgery Procedures Prepare You for Successful Implant Placement
Given our expertise with implant dentistry, it’s no surprise we offer several oral surgery procedures that will help prepare you for successful dental implant placement. They include:
- Bone Grafts – In a bone grafting procedure, we’ll apply material to encourage new bone growth and make your jaw stronger for implants.
- Ridge Augmentation – More extensive than a graft, this procedure also involves using tissue to strengthen your gums and underlying bone. It prepares your jaw for implants, while also giving your face a fuller look.
- Sinus Lifts – This procedure makes more room for implants in your upper jaw.
In addition to these treatments, we also provide comfortable tooth extractions.
Anesthesia & Sedation Keep You Comfortable
Our computer-controlled anesthesia delivery system numbs you only where needed, even if it’s just a single tooth. You’re less likely to experience an unpleasant sting when receiving the anesthesia or lingering numbness for hours after your oral surgical procedure. We also offer three kinds of sedation, one of which will be right for you:
- Inhaled Sedation – Laughing gas takes the edge off. You’ll feel like yourself right away following your procedure; you’ll even be able to drive yourself home.
- Oral Sedation – A safe prescription pill will make you more relaxed than laughing gas, but not as deeply relaxed as IV sedation.
- IV Sedation – This puts you into a dreamlike state. You’ll likely remember little if anything about your procedure.
To talk to us about oral surgery in Overland Park, KS, call 913-338-3443.