When it comes to staying in top oral health, the most important thing you can do is brush and floss your teeth every day. Even if you’re diligent about your oral hygiene, though, you may miss bacteria that can turn into tooth decay. That’s why you need to visit us for regular dental cleanings and exams in Overland Park.Doctor Todd O'Neil on dental cleanings and exams Read Transcript
Maintaining your oral health is important now. Not just for your smile but for your body's entire health. Every time you come in to see your hygienist to get your teeth cleaned, every time you come in and see us to have any type of restorative work done, we're making certain that all of your oral health is in good shape, and that you're able to maintain that at a level that you can keep your smile beautiful for a lifetime.
During your dental exam, we’ll:
- Remove troublesome plaque and tartar from your teeth
- Use top dental technology like digital X-rays and intraoral cameras to identify cavities while they are small and simple to treat with a dental filling
- Conduct screenings for gum disease and oral cancer
- Suggest preventive care like dental sealants or fluoride applications to keep your teeth healthy
- Use a special gel and rinses to make your dental cleanings more comfortable
- Invite you to relax with amenities like headphones and pillows
If you need to make an appointment for your next exam, call Blue Valley Smiles at 913-251-9449. Our office is located near the Nicklaus Golf Club at LionsGate.
Enjoy Your Most Comfortable Dental Cleaning Ever
Although our dental cleanings are thorough, members of our caring team always use a gentle touch, so your cleanings are gentle too. In addition, you can take advantage of amenities like pillows, blankets, and headphones for listening to music during your cleaning. If you’d like, you can also get a facial massage and a therapeutic cleaning treatment called Oraspa™. This treatment uses your senses of sight, sound, smell, and touch to relax you and promote overall wellness.
Improve Your Dental Health With Preventive Care
During your visits we’ll often suggest changes you can make to your oral hygiene routine and your diet to help keep your teeth – and the rest of you – healthy. In addition, we may recommend preventive dental treatments like:
- Fluoride Treatments – Fluoride strengthens your tooth enamel to help prevent cavities.
- Dental Sealants – This treatment provides an additional layer of protection against decay. While often used for children, we sometimes suggest it for adults as well.
To schedule your dental cleanings and exams in Overland Park, KS, call 913-251-9449.